Skip to main content

Just In An Unjust World

I am living in an unjust world,
Where money is the root of all success.
Where friendship turns to enmity.

We live in an unjust world,
Where people cheat their way to Success
Where love is nothing but just a word.

I am Just in an Unjust world,
The light in a dark world, but cannot illuminate
Darkness is hailed and light trembled upon.
The best is the one who cheats best and the worst the one who cheats worst.
There is no place for me in this world, for I am an alien.

Just in an Unjust world.
Gone were the days,
When integrity was the hallmark of the success,
When the price was hardwork and the prize success.

My faith is in The Just God,
Who promises eternity for the Just.

I look forward to the day when I will be accepted,
But for now I am nothing but an alien,
There is no place for me here, heaven is my home.
Heaven has a place for The Just.

I look forward to day I can say,
I am Just in A Just World,
But until then I will hold my peace,
For the battle is the Lord's.



~George Asante

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thin Line Between Love And Hatred

LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE L ove is a beautiful thing. To love and be loved is one of the best things that can happen to anyone in life. Over the years, I’ve learnt how to love people without any conditions attached. My simplest definition for love is, “an action word”. Love isn’t something we feel, it’s what we do based on the feeling we have towards another person. The word “Love” over the years has become one of the most abused words in the English language to the extent that it has lost its power and effect. When we have affection for someone, we show it by our actions not only by words, as said in Latin, "Facta Non Verba." The Bible tells us to Love our neighbours as ourselves. In other words, don’t do to another what you wouldn’t want someone to do to you. It sounds simple but not an easy task. HATRED Is hatred the absence of love?  Or is it the presence of something opposite to love? I find it difficult to understand why people can hate each other. I may

The Story Continues

After a very good impression during the first few days the excitement didn't end but continued throughout my stay. If the town kept records then my name will go down in the history books as the second black and first African to step foot in this town. The town has one black American who lives here and almost everybody knows him as the only black person. Everybody wants the chance to talk to him. The Supermarket Firstly when i arrived i went to the supermarket to get some water and juice. This is the only town  I've been where I've been treated with royalty as i will put it. They treat you in such a way that you feel important and cherished. What happened as that a cashier who had closed saw me and my cousin approaching to pay for the drinks, we joined the other queue which was working. The cashier who had just closed called us to come there. We paid for stuff and she closed again. Really loved it. It was like getting a VIP treatment. Maybe she also wanted the chance to