Skip to main content

Decisions Decisions Decisions

Life is full of decisions.  Lifeeven starts with a decision. Your parents made a decision to bring a child into the world. Some people they say where born out of mistake but a mistake is a decision that doesn’t produce the desired results.  Our whole lives are shaped by the decisions we make. What course to offer in college, your life partner, future profession the list goes on and on.  There are some decisions we have no control over.



1. When we were born
2. Country of origin
3. Parents and family
4. When we will die (debatable).

 Decisions can either lead us astray or to stardom.  What influences your decisions are very important. The friends and the people around you, your environment all come to play in decision making.


The question I asked myself the most in my teenage was that how do I know I’ve taken or made the right decision. I had so many choices to choose from knowing that each decision will have an effect on my life. One story changed the decision making part of my life.

Former president Ronald Reagan once had an aunt who took him to a cobbler for a pair of new shoes. The cobbler asked young Reagan, “Do you want square toes or round toes?” Unable to decide, Reagan didn’t answer, so the cobbler gave him a few days. Several days later the cobbler saw Reagan on the street and asked him again what kind of toes he wanted on his shoes. Reagan still couldn’t decide, so the shoemaker replied, “Well, come by in a couple of days. Your shoes will be ready.” When the future president did so, he found one square-toed and one round-toed shoe! 

The obvious lesson from this true life story is that if you don’t make a decision someone else will make it for you. I am a Christian and growing up in my Christian life I’ve come to realize that we make the best decisions when our spirit is synchronized with the Spirit of God (The Holy Spirit). “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come” John 16:13 

As a Christian every decision you make should be guided by the Holy Spirit. The problem with Christians nowadays is that we don’t have a fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Once you become a Christian the Holy Spirit comes to live in you but it’s up to you to develop yourself to have a communion with Him. He made the first move to be your friend and now it becomes your work to foster this relationship with him. For every relationship to work you have to know the likes and dislikes of the other party. In the same way you cannot commune with the Holy Spirit whiles you still live and dwell in sin.

One thing I have noticed about God is that sometimes He gives us the opportunity to create our own path in other words make our own decisions and He will help us walk in that path. In the same way sometimes He gives us strict instructions to follow according to His marvelous plan for our lives.

Whether you like it or not you’ll be faced with some challenges that will require decisions, if you run away from decision making someone will make it for you and you wouldn’t like the results. 

The simple rule I use in making decisions is first asked The Holy Spirit for guidance, secondly move on and make that move, if it’s against the will of God surely the Holy Spirit will convict or caution you. Make sure to heed to what The Spirit of God tells you, otherwise the end will be unfavorable.

The first decision I want you to make today is to have a fellowship with the Holy Spirit and afterwards your decision-making life wouldn’t be the same.

Thank you and God richly bless you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just In An Unjust World

I am living in an unjust world, Where money is the root of all success. Where friendship turns to enmity. We live in an unjust world, Where people cheat their way to Success Where love is nothing but just a word. I am Just in an Unjust world, The light in a dark world, but cannot illuminate Darkness is hailed and light trembled upon. The best is the one who cheats best and the worst the one who cheats worst. There is no place for me in this world, for I am an alien. Just in an Unjust world. Gone were the days, When integrity was the hallmark of the success, When the price was hardwork and the prize success. My faith is in The Just God, Who promises eternity for the Just. I look forward to the day when I will be accepted, But for now I am nothing but an alien, There is no place for me here, heaven is my home. Heaven has a place for The Just. I look forward to day I can say, I am Just in A Just World, But until then I will hold my peace, For

The Thin Line Between Love And Hatred

LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE L ove is a beautiful thing. To love and be loved is one of the best things that can happen to anyone in life. Over the years, I’ve learnt how to love people without any conditions attached. My simplest definition for love is, “an action word”. Love isn’t something we feel, it’s what we do based on the feeling we have towards another person. The word “Love” over the years has become one of the most abused words in the English language to the extent that it has lost its power and effect. When we have affection for someone, we show it by our actions not only by words, as said in Latin, "Facta Non Verba." The Bible tells us to Love our neighbours as ourselves. In other words, don’t do to another what you wouldn’t want someone to do to you. It sounds simple but not an easy task. HATRED Is hatred the absence of love?  Or is it the presence of something opposite to love? I find it difficult to understand why people can hate each other. I may

The Story Continues

After a very good impression during the first few days the excitement didn't end but continued throughout my stay. If the town kept records then my name will go down in the history books as the second black and first African to step foot in this town. The town has one black American who lives here and almost everybody knows him as the only black person. Everybody wants the chance to talk to him. The Supermarket Firstly when i arrived i went to the supermarket to get some water and juice. This is the only town  I've been where I've been treated with royalty as i will put it. They treat you in such a way that you feel important and cherished. What happened as that a cashier who had closed saw me and my cousin approaching to pay for the drinks, we joined the other queue which was working. The cashier who had just closed called us to come there. We paid for stuff and she closed again. Really loved it. It was like getting a VIP treatment. Maybe she also wanted the chance to